numerous daily transactions for commercial and personal banking
customers and to securely handle cash responsibility and customer
Greeting customers, cash handling, performing personal and
commercial banking transactions with accuracy, maintaining bank’s
policies and procedures and staying alert to comply with federal and
state emplaced laws when performing transactions.
DUTIES AND SKILLS
• Providing excellent customer service.
• Maintaining ethical and professional behavior at all times.
• Maintaining a positive and courteous attitude at all times
• Maintaining a professional image.
• Adhering to policies and procedures and staying abreast of
• Contributing to a safe and comfortable work environment
• Ability to interact with customers and cross sell various products
• Ability to operates office machines; copier, fax, scanner, coin
counter, currency counter, calculator.
• Cash Handling
• Strong Math Aptitude
• Ability to operate printer, fax and scanner
• Maintaining cash under bank’s security controls
• Maintaining customer information secure and following BSA
• Maintain Compliancy with State and Federal Laws
• Opening and
closing the main vault under dual control
• Answering incoming calls with proper phone etiquette
• Keeping all cash drawers and vaults locked when unattended.
• Balance ATM daily under dual control and replenish cash to comply
with sufficient cash levels.
• Assist customers in a non-discriminatory manner
• Staying alert for and have the ability to complete CTR and
Monetary Instrument reports.
• Completing ongoing compliance training through Metairie Bank
• Assist with night drop collection and verify transactions under
• Placement of and pick up of blank cashier’s checks and money
orders in printer
• Daily balancing of cash drawer
• Ability to research for overages and shortages on journals
• Preparing trades to replenish strapped currency and coin in drawer
for daily operations.
• Perform personal and commercial transactions to include but not
Cashing checks and
Processing loan payments (consumer, commercial & mortgage)
Handling Cash Withdrawals
Sales and cashing of US savings bonds
Sales of travelers checks, money orders and cashiers checks
Processing safe deposit box payments
Processing TT&L payments and Visa deposits
Sales of US postal stamps
Opening Christmas Club accounts and processing payments
Sales of MasterCard gift cards
processing of strapped currency and bulk coin
Handling cash exchanges request
Assisting customers with account inquiries
Assisting customers with safe deposit box entries and closings
Closing safe deposit box accounts
• Periodic Collection and Scanning of branch transactions in an
orderly and timely fashion
• Accurate handling of re-scans and errors as communicated by Fisc.
• Proper handling of batch log sheet to fax to Deposit Services
• Proper handling of batches to be forwarded to Deposit Services
• Having the knowledge of and ability to cross-sell basic bank
• Cross train with and back-up of Coin Teller
• Evening Teller – Close branch with final check of branch for BSA
requirements and safely securing branch with alarm system.
• Dual control of closing of Main vault and setting alarms for