Founded in 1947, Metairie Bank prides itself in offering essential banking services in a community bank atmosphere, where providing exceptional customer service is our priority.
This critical role as a Teller performs a wide variety of task and duties to deliver on our brand promise, “We Connect with You”.
When you join the Metairie Bank team, you will receive competitive wages, advancement opportunity and a robust benefit package. You can be a part of the Metairie Bank team that was honored in 2015 and 2018 by the Times-Picayune/NOLA.com and in 2018 for City Business as one of the Top Places to Work in New Orleans.
As a Teller, you will process numerous transactions daily for commercial and personal banking customers. You are required to maintain utmost confidentiality of customer information and security for cash handling while providing excellent customer service.
• Answer incoming calls using bank approved proper phone etiquette.
• Maintain all cash drawer, vault, and customer information securely and confidentially.
• Balance ATM daily under dual control and replenish cash to comply with sufficient cash levels.
• Ability to file all required CTR reports and Monetary Instrument reports.
• Complete bank mandated ongoing compliance training.
• Place currency orders and remit excess currency with the Federal Reserve.
• Maintain secure and balanced currency ledgers.
• Maintain cash supply to serve commercial business needs and increased levels of cash as needed.
• Assist with open/close main vault, night drop collection, and other daily duties.
• Able to research and clear teller overages and shortages.
• Perform all personal, commercial, loan, and teller system transactions including scanning and final balancing.
• Cross train additional duties as needed.
• Ability to learn and cross-sell products and services.
• Ability to have relationship sales conversations with existing and potential customers (cross sell)
• Team oriented to participate in the success of branch growth goals
What We Are Looking For:
• High School Diploma.
• Cash handling experience.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service in a non-discriminatory manner.
• Ability to maintain ethical and professional image and behavior at all times.
• Ability to maintain a positive, professional and courteous attitude at all times.
• Ability to adhere to policies, procedures, and staying abreast of changes.
• Ability to contribute to a safe and comfortable work environment.
• Ability to interact with customers and cross sell various products and services.
• Ability to operate office machines; copier, fax, scanner, coin counter, currency counter, and calculator.
• Strong Math Aptitude.
• Ability to maintain compliance with state and federal laws.
Metairie Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.