Founded in 1947, Metairie Bank prides itself in offering essential banking services in a community bank atmosphere, where providing exceptional customer service is our priority.
This critical role as an Account Executive / CSR for the Metairie Bank Insurance department performs a wide variety of task and duties to deliver on our brand promise, “We Connect with You”.
When you join the Metairie Bank team, you will receive competitive wages, advancement opportunity and a robust benefit package. You can be a part of the Metairie Bank team that was honored in 2015 and 2018 by the Times-Picayune/NOLA.com and in 2018 for City Business as one of the Top Places to Work in New Orleans.
As an Insurance Account Executive/CSR, you are responsible for preparing insurance applications and submissions, while also reviewing policies, bills, and other related insurance documents.
3344 Metairie Rd.
Metairie, LA 70001
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Develop, implement and maintain comprehensive compliance program tools
- Pre-qualify and analyze prospects’ coverage needs
- Recommend coverage and prepare rating quotes and proposals to sell new accounts
- Actively solicit increases in coverage or rounding out accounts through sales to clients at every service contract
- Recommend excess and surplus coverages as needed to meet client insurance needs. Educates clients as to coverage limitation and documents required
- Completes applications with clients
- Submits to eligible and appropriate carries, and follows up to ensure timely receipt of policies or quotes
- Actively seeks referrals from current client base to solicit for new business prospects; follows up to generate new business using prospect data base
- Perform any other miscellaneous duties as assigned by agency management
What We Are Looking For:
- At least three to five years of experience in insurance industry
- Must have and maintain Louisiana (Property, Casualty) License
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities
- Ability to interact effectively with others by utilizing good communications skills, cooperates positively and provides information and guidance, as needed, to contribute to the business efforts of the agency
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and underwrite assigned client and prospect lists
- Ability to utilize computer programs and understand functionality
Metairie Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.