Founded in 1947, Metairie Bank prides itself in offering essential banking services in a community bank atmosphere, where providing exceptional customer service is our priority.
When you join the Metairie Bank team, you will receive competitive wages and a robust benefit package. You can be a part of the Metairie Bank team that was honored in 2015, 2018, 2020, and 2021 by the Times-Picayune/NOLA.com as one of the Top Places to Work in New Orleans. The Bank received recognition for Best Places to Work in 2018, 2021, and 2022 from City Business. The Bank was also the top winner in the “Best Bank” category in the City Business Reader Ranking 2022 contest.
Responsible for providing financial services to customers and non-customers. This position will serve primarily in a teller role but will also assist on the Front Desk (platform) as needed.
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into computer records.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Counts, checks and packages coins and currency.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amounts to computer-generated proof sheet. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Submit order for currency to the Federal Reserve, and order for Postage Stamps and maintaining entries for all.
- Provides customers with account information and updates as requested.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One to two years of banking experience preferred.
Metairie Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response. 70001