Founded in 1947, Metairie Bank prides itself in offering essential banking services in a community bank atmosphere, where providing exceptional customer service is our priority.
This critical role as a Branch Operations Manager executes a wide variety of initiatives to deliver on our brand promise, “The Bank of Personal Service”.
When you join the Metairie Bank team, you will receive competitive wages, advancement opportunity and a robust benefit package. You can be a part of the Metairie Bank team that was honored in 2015, 2018 and 2020 by the Times-Picayune/NOLA.com and City Business as one of the Top Places to Work in New Orleans.
As Branch Operations Manager, your primary function is to manage the daily operations of the branch and assist the sales manager with branch growth and customer retention. You will supervise the front desk employees and tellers, provide excellent customer service, assist with achieving retail sales growth and retention, and promote an environment that supports a well-trained and motivated team.
- Provide exceptional service to customers
- Develop and retain customer relationships
- Promote positive image of Metairie Bank within the community we serve
- Open and service new deposit accounts and cross sell all ancillary products and services
- Originate, process and close consumer loans
- Refer Real Estate and Commercial Loans
- Responsible for large amounts cash
- Maintain strict security guidelines
- Manage branch expenses
- Confident ability to use computer software such as: (Microsoft Office Suite, Horizon, Decision-Pro)
- Create and administer plans for branch growth and team building
- Be a mentor to other employees and display strong team leadership skills
- Maintain ethical and professional behavior at all times
- Maintain a professional image
- Maintain compliancy with State and Federal laws
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Two years or greater in financial industry with supervisory capacity.
- Ability to open/close branch following secured procedures
- Ability to open/close vault under dual control
- Ability to assist with night Depository under dual control, ATM cash balancing and accessing daily deposits under dual control, and assist customers in a non-discriminatory manner
- Ability to complete ongoing compliance training through Metairie Bank University
- Ability to review and decision branch overdrafts within authority limits
- Assist and monitor the balancing of daily branch cash reports
- Assist and monitor monthly teller audits
- Coordinate monthly branch meetings with manager (sales, huddles, product training and security)
- Prepare and maintain branch schedules
- Assist and review daily reports
- Handle branch maintenance issues
- Assist manager with approval of fee reversal requests
- Prepare staff performance reviews
- Handle legal documentation
- Review and monitor new accounts for potential fraud activity
- Maintain employee records and referring all and any disciplinary action whether verbal, written or probationary to the Sales Manager, Branch Support and HR.
- Cross train and able to refer all lending products.
- Responsible as a back-up for after-hours calls from security monitoring company
Metairie Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.