Founded in 1947, Metairie Bank prides itself in offering essential banking services in a community bank atmosphere, where providing exceptional customer service is our priority. This critical role as a Human Resources Specialist executes a wide variety of initiatives to deliver on our brand promise, “The Bank of Personal Service”.
When you join the Metairie Bank team, you will receive competitive wages, advancement opportunity and a robust benefit package. You can be a part of the Metairie Bank team that was honored in 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2021 by the Times-Picayune/NOLA.com and City Business as one of the Top Places to Work in New Orleans
The HR Specialist will provide effective administrative and organizational services and provide support to the HR Director in areas including Benefits, Compensation, Payroll, Performance & Talent Management, HR Training, Compliance, On-boarding, and Out-processing.
The ideal candidate possesses enthusiasm, flexibility, and eagerness to perform HR administrative tasks and learn new skills. This candidate must be very organized and detail driven. Must be able to multi-task and communicate professionally at all times and must be able to maintain confidentially and represent the bank with the utmost professionalism at all times.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions.
- Responsible for in-service training and separation paperwork.
- Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Enrolls new hires with benefits and assist with billing, invoicing, claims and policyholder questions
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains benefit billing.
- Maintains facilities invoice management.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least two years of human resource experience preferred.
- SHRM or PHR certifications.
- Excellent proficiency in database and spreadsheet skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of employment related laws and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
Metairie Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.