Founded in 1947, Metairie Bank prides itself in offering essential banking services in a community bank atmosphere, where providing exceptional customer service is our priority.
This critical role as a Call Center Representative executes a wide variety of initiatives to deliver on our brand promise, “The Bank of Personal Service”.
When you join the Metairie Bank team, you will receive competitive wages, advancement opportunity and a robust benefit package. You can be a part of the Metairie Bank team that was honored in 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2021 by the Times-Picayune/NOLA.com and City Business as one of the Top Places to Work in New Orleans.
As a Call Center Specialist your primary functions will include providing service and support for customers over the telephone. Responding to customer requests that are both routine in nature and some that require extensive research. Research may include using problem solving skills to identify and resolve issues with payment systems, mobile banking, internet banking, and other transaction or account related situations.
- Manage the incoming call queue, take incoming calls, enter customer contact notes, use problem solving skills to resolve customer problems and provide solutions that meet the best needs of the customers and the bank
- Handle high volume incoming calls from customers and vendors
- Research solutions to customer issues and escalate the call to the appropriate department when the issue exceeds position authority
- Provide excellent customer service and develop customer relationships
- Reset passwords, challenge questions, and PINs for customers using Electronic Banking procedures and policy
- Setup online and telephone banking for new and existing customers
- Review and analyze reports
- Monitor and test bank systems for quality control
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience in banking preferred
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Proven organizational and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated expertise in analysis and decision support
- Experience with Windows-based computer programs required. Experience with the Microsoft Office required
- Good verbal communication skills and ability to write and speak clearly and concisely
- Ability to communicate face-to-face and on the phone, following the Bank’s customer service standards
- Must be a team player and possess good people skills to establish interpersonal relationships and maintain them over time
- Ability to solve practical problems and multi-task with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to write routine correspondence and communicate effectively and tactfully, orally and in writing with employees, customers, vendors and management
- Must be able to set priorities and organize own work flow within established procedures, and have ability to work on a number of projects concurrently
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Metairie Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.