Founded in 1947, Metairie Bank prides itself in offering essential banking services in a community bank atmosphere, where providing exceptional customer service is our priority.
This critical role as a Collections Specialist executes a wide variety of initiatives to deliver on our brand promise, “The Bank of Personal Service”.
When you join the Metairie Bank team, you will receive competitive wages, advancement opportunity and a robust benefit package. You can be a part of the Metairie Bank team that was honored in 2015, 2018 and 2020 by the Times-Picayune/NOLA.com and City Business as one of the Top Places to Work in New Orleans.
As Collections Specialist, you would perform collection services on delinquent accounts for the bank. This position is part-time with 20-25 hours a week.
- Reviews payment lists, maintains departmental files and prepares paperwork on debits, credits and other payments.
- Contacts customers regarding delinquent accounts including overdraft or charged-off checking accounts.
- Ensures payments are properly credited or applied to customer accounts and reports to the Collection Manager if payments received are unacceptable based on the past due status of an account.
- Prepares reports for the Collection Manager on the kind and status of delinquent account and collection activities undertaken by the Bank.
- Assist the Collection Manager in daily operations of the Collection Department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum two years collections experience in a financial institution.
- Proficient in Windows based business programs.
- Successful completion of in-house training (if available) or other approved training program.
- Good oral, written and human relations skills.
- Good attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines and communicate with customers in a professional matter.
Metairie Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.