Founded in 1947, Metairie Bank prides itself in offering essential banking services in a community bank atmosphere, where providing exceptional customer service is our priority.
When you join the Metairie Bank team, you will receive competitive wages and a robust benefit package. You can be a part of the Metairie Bank team that was honored in 2015, 2018, 2020, and 2021 by the Times-Picayune/NOLA.com as one of the Top Places to Work in New Orleans. The Bank received recognition for Best Places to Work in 2018, 2021, and 2022 from City Business. The Bank was also the top winner in the “Best Bank” category in the City Business Reader Ranking 2022 contest.
Responsible for developing new business, pre-underwriting, structuring, and closing of commercial loans, as well as maintaining and servicing a commercial loan portfolio.
- Interviews applicants to determine loan requirements and gathers pertinent information for loan applications.
- Requests applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks and other information pertinent to loan applicant’s evaluation.
- Analyzes applicant’s financial status, credit, and asset evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan. Resolves uncertainties relating to customer application information through inquiries with applicant.
- Structure loans within loan policy. Champions loan opportunities to the market president, credit department and/or Committee for proper approval.
- Prepares financing proposals consistent with approval for presentation to the applicant.
- Reviews loan documentation prior to closing for completeness and acceptance by the applicant.
Education and Experience
- Five or more years of commercial banking experience required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent work experience
Metairie Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response. 70001