Founded in 1947, Metairie Bank prides itself in offering essential banking services in a community bank atmosphere, where providing exceptional customer service is our priority.
This critical role as a Community Development Officer executes a wide variety of initiatives to deliver on our brand promise, “The Bank of Personal Service”.
When you join the Metairie Bank team, you will receive competitive wages, advancement opportunity and a robust benefit package. You can be a part of the Metairie Bank team that was honored in 2018 and 2020 by the Times-Picayune/NOLA.com and City Business as one of the Top Places to Work in New Orleans.
The Community Development Officer helps ensure the Bank meets its commitment to serving the Bank’s communities banking needs to low and moderate-income neighborhoods within the Banks CRA assessment area.
• Community Development: Position will provide support for the growth of lending to ensure the Bank meets regulatory expectations related to women and minority applicants and HMCT applications. Will have a particular focus on CRA eligible activities.
• Community Involvement: Develop partnerships with local community groups who are connected to MBTs target group of low to moderate income residents (e.g. non-profit organizations, government agencies, community development and local groups and associations). Will require evening and weekend participation. Provides input and suggestions to management of how new partnerships will provide advantages to the Bank.
• Lending and Deposit Services: Community Development Officer will be required to participate in various business development activities by building purposeful relationships to secure loans that create affordable housing for low to moderate income candidates and support neighborhood revitalization focused primarily in the Bank’s CRA assessment area. Recommends changes and improvements to management to improve special lending programs that are targeted to LMI (low-to moderate income) individuals, families and communities.
• Community Outreach: Position will be required to attend meetings, events and seminars as well as develop and present seminar based information to the various partnered relationships as necessary. Will require evening and weekend participation.
• New Product Development: Assist in the development of new products to ensure the Bank’s lending programs, deposit products and other financial services are designed to meet the needs of the communities in the Bank’s CRA areas.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Previous mortgage lending origination experience.
• Proven success with origination of First Time Home Buyer and LMI programs.
• Current registration of National Mortgage License (NMLS).
• Experience working with local Parish and State programs available to our target customer.
• Knowledgeable of FHLB and HUD application guidelines.
Skills & abilities
• Ability to develop a strong partnership with the assigned retail branches
• Must possess strong analytical and decision making skills
• Knowledge of various forms of financial statements, including personal and business tax returns, in order to produce financial information to be used in the loan decision process
• Thorough and complete knowledge of business development and sales techniques
• Understanding of mortgage industry regulatory guidelines
• Demonstrated ability to exceed established sales goals
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated with ability to interpret and analyze customers’ needs on a continual basis
• Demonstrated people leadership skills
• Ability to effectively communicate and work closely with various bank employees, including upper management
• Exceptional analytical skills, interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, and negotiation skills
• Knowledge and experience in the origination of residential mortgage loans
Metairie Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.