Founded in 1947, Metairie Bank prides itself in offering essential banking services in a community bank atmosphere, where providing exceptional customer service is our priority.
This critical role as a Teller performs a wide variety of task and duties to deliver on our brand promise, “We Connect with You”.
When you join the Metairie Bank team, you will receive competitive wages, advancement opportunity and a robust benefit package. You can be a part of the Metairie Bank team that was honored in 2015 and 2018 by the Times-Picayune/NOLA.com and in 2018 for City Business as one of the Top Places to Work in New Orleans.
As a CSR I, you are responsible for promoting and opening financial institution products and services to bank customers and non-customers. You will serve as backup for the Front Desk (platform) as needed and will primarily function as a teller who can also lead and mentor other tellers and platform team members. You are required to maintain utmost confidentiality of customer information and security for cash handling while providing excellent customer service.
Location – OPEN
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Fully functioning teller also responsible to work as leader and mentor to teller and platform staff
• Support the platform duties
• Promotes and cross-sells financial products and services such as consumer and business deposit, mortgage loans, investments, etc.
• Evaluates customer financial needs using open ended questions and refers customers to the appropriate bank representative as needed
• Meets or exceeds monthly sales referral goals
• Opens, closes and services all types of accounts
• Maintain all cash drawer, vault, and customer information securely and confidentially.
• Perform all personal, commercial, loan, and teller system transactions including scanning and final balancing
• Responsible for placing Reg. C holds as needed
• Ability to file all required CTR reports and Monetary Instrument reports.
• Responsible for processing Night Depository bags
• Maintain cash supply for ATM and Saturday bags.
• Maintain secure and balanced currency ledger entries
• Complete bank mandated ongoing compliance training
• Place currency orders and remit excess currency with the Federal Reserve.
• Maintain cash supply to serve commercial business needs and increased levels of cash as needed.
• Able to research and clear teller overages and shortages.
What We Are Looking For:
• Associated Degree or equivalent experience. One or more years in a financial institution
• One to three years’ experience in retail sales
• Strong sales-oriented personality with an outgoing and professional communications style
• Ability to provide excellent customer service in a non-discriminatory manner
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficient reading, writing, grammar and mathematical skills
• Ability to maintain ethical and professional image and behavior at all times.
• Ability to maintain a positive, professional and courteous attitude at all times.
• Ability to adhere to policies, procedures, and staying abreast of changes.
• Ability to contribute to a safe and comfortable work environment.
• Ability to operate office machines; copier, fax, scanner, coin counter, currency counter, and calculator.
• Ability to maintain compliancy with state and federal laws.
Metairie Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.