Founded in 1947, Metairie Bank prides itself in offering essential banking services in a community bank atmosphere, where providing exceptional customer service is our priority.
This critical role as a Director of Retail Banking executes a wide variety of initiatives to deliver on our brand promise, “The Bank of Personal Service”.
When you join the Metairie Bank team, you will receive competitive wages, advancement opportunity and a robust benefit package. You can be a part of the Metairie Bank team that was honored in 2018 and 2020 by the Times-Picayune/NOLA.com and City Business as one of the Top Places to Work in New Orleans.
As Director of Retail Banking you will be responsible for administration of branch offices and the overall coordination and management of a medium to large segment of the organization’s operations functions in accordance with established systems and procedures, as well as establishing and overseeing new initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the job
- Manages overall branch office operation and profitability.
- Represents the financial institution to the community through good customer relations.
- Promotes and enhances the corporate culture and fosters the development and implementation of organizational vision, policies and guidelines.
- Establishes and helps to attain internal performance objectives for branch office business volume, deposits, loan portfolios and quality of audit reports.
- Oversees consumer lending activities directly, including credit cards.
- Prepares financial and regulatory reports required by law, regulations and the Board of Directors.
- Directs financial institution personnel in activities to ensure prompt, accurate and dependable “Personal” customer service.
- Oversees the maintenance of operating and capital budgets. Exercises the usual authority of a manager concerning performance improvement plans and reviews, promotions, salary recommendations, and terminations.
- Coaches, develops and inspires staff to maximize their potential.
- Administers department’s functions, ensuring compliance to the organization’s policy, legal and government rules and regulations by establishing, monitoring and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Develops, recommends and implements business plans, operational procedures and system utilization that support the division’s long-term strategic objectives and vision.
- Leads in the implementation of system changes to support new products, ensures system integrity and recommends program changes to more efficiently and effectively support services offered.
- Resolves operational problems.
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry groups and organizations to keep abreast of changes in federal and state banking regulations and ensures that changes are implemented in a timely fashion.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred. Seven to ten years in related experience with strong retail sales and operations background.
- Excellent management and human resources skills.
- Extensive background in financial institution operating policies and procedures, banking regulations (state and Federal), employee development and public relations.
Metairie Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.