Founded in 1947, Metairie Bank prides itself in offering essential banking services in a community bank atmosphere, where providing exceptional customer service is our priority.
When you join the Metairie Bank team, you will receive competitive wages and a robust benefit package. You can be a part of the Metairie Bank team that was honored in 2015, 2018, 2020, and 2021 by the Times-Picayune/NOLA.com as one of the Top Places to Work in New Orleans. The Bank received recognition for Best Places to Work in 2018, 2021, and 2022 from City Business. The Bank was also the top winner in the “Best Bank” category in the City Business Reader Ranking 2022 contest.
Responsible for mortgage loan origination primarily but not limited to the bank’s Northshore market for investor delivery and portfolio retention. Will take applications, conduct preliminary underwriting reviews, submit loan applications to processing and underwriting for approval. Follows-up to ensure that documents required for processing, underwriting, and closing are secured in a timely manner from appropriate sources.
- Meets with and interviews potential and current customers to understand borrowing needs.
- Explains differences between approval requirements of various types of mortgages; prepares and presents a lending package based on customer’s needs.
- Assists clients with completion of mortgage applications, inspecting completed documents for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Reviews loan applications, gathers credit histories and reports, and assesses the applicant’s capacity to repay and default risk.
- Develops and maintains contacts with local realtors, developers, and builders to promote and encourage the use of bank services for residential mortgages.
Education and Experience
- 5 years mortgage loan origination experience required.
- Working knowledge of underwriting requirements for FNMA, FMC, FHA, VA, local bonding programs, and private investors.
- Basic knowledge of local, state and national laws (zoning ordinances, Truth-in Lending, RESPA, energy audit requirements, etc.)
Metairie Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response. 70001