Founded in 1947, Metairie Bank prides itself in offering essential banking services in a community bank atmosphere, where providing exceptional customer service is our priority. This critical role as a Teller II executes a wide variety of initiatives to deliver on our brand promise, “The Bank of Personal Service”.
When you join the Metairie Bank team, you will receive competitive wages, advancement opportunity and a robust benefit package. You can be a part of the Metairie Bank team that was honored in 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2021 by the Times-Picayune/NOLA.com and City Business as one of the Top Places to Work in New Orleans.
As a Teller II, you will process numerous transactions daily for commercial and personal banking customers. You are required to maintain utmost confidentiality of customer information and security for cash handling while providing excellent customer service.
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into computer records.
- Cash checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Promote financial institution services such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates of deposit, safe deposit boxes and money orders.
- Receives mortgage, consumer loan and other bank payments.
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Prepares coin and currency for shipment.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift,
- Process night depository and ATM deposits and balancing.
- Completing trades with tellers for coin supply.
- Prepares transactions for Federal Reserve Shipments.
- Maintain supply of rolled coin for commercial business.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- High School Diploma.
- Cash handling experience.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in a non-discriminatory manner.
- Ability to maintain ethical and professional image and behavior at all times.
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional and courteous attitude at all times.
- Ability to adhere to policies, procedures, and staying abreast of changes.
- Ability to contribute to a safe and comfortable work environment.
- Ability to interact with customers and cross sell various products and services.
- Ability to operate office machines; copier, fax, scanner, coin counter, currency counter, and calculator.
- Strong Math Aptitude.
- Ability to maintain compliancy with state and federal laws.
Metairie Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.