When asked to identify the quintessential ingredient that makes community banking special, we don’t hesitate to answer, “Personal Service.”
Metairie Bank focuses exclusively on delivering the products and services our customers want, while our local roots and accountability ensure our interests remain tied to our neighbors here in the Greater New Orleans Area.
At Metairie Bank, we work with our customers to help them realize their financial dreams, whether opening a business, purchasing a home or planning for retirement. And we nurture our community by donating time and money to important causes and contributing tax dollars that help maintain local municipalities—all of which helps keep local neighborhoods viable and vibrant.
We work hard to stay attuned to the needs of this community and relevant to our customers by remaining on their corner and in their corner. This dedication to creating healthy, strong communities has helped the community banking industry flourish and maintained our well-earned reputation as true relationship lenders. Here are the facts:
- Community banks outpace large banks in their average number of banks operating in both rural and urban markets by a 3:1 ratio.
- Community banks are preferred small business lenders, with a 79 percent net satisfaction score, compared with 67 percent for large banks and 49 percent for online lenders.
- Community banks have consistently demonstrated their safety and soundness with higher capital ratios and better loan quality than the largest institutions.
- Community banks operate in areas abandoned by others—serving as the only physical banking presence in nearly one in three. counties.
- Community banks focus a relatively large share of their resources on low- and moderate-income tracts.
But it’s not just about stats. When customers walk into or call a Metairie Bank branch, they are greeted by a talented team member who is attuned to their needs and empowered to act on their behalf.
And when our employees log volunteer hours in support of local nonprofits or when Metairie Bank contributes to financial literacy initiatives, we’re working toward our ultimate goal to ensure economic prosperity for the community we call home.
In an era where bigger isn’t always better, and high-tech doesn’t necessarily equate to high touch, we at Metairie Bank pledge to never lose sight of the all-important personalized service our customers expect. It’s been integral to our success for 73 years and is how we’ll continue to build a legacy that lives on.