Your privacy and security is our top priority. Here are the ways we protect you:
- Keeping your personal and financial information protected and secure through responsible information collection and processing.
- Continuously monitoring transactions for suspicious activity
- Alerting you to potential fraud through the mobile app, text alerts, email, or phone.
Here is what you can do now to help fight fraud:
The best way to avoid getting tricked by scammers is to know the tricks they use – and the red flags that signal scams.
Know the red flags
The most common types of scams will target you through fake emails (a technique known as Phishing), text messages (SMSishing or smishing) voice calls (vishing), letters or even someone who shows up at your front door unexpectedly. No matter which technique the scammer uses, you may be:
- Instructed to not trust Metairie Bank or to respond to questions in ways that aren’t the truth
- Pressured to send money
- Threatened with law enforcement action
- Told to purchase gift cards and provide codes as a form of payment
- Asked to cash a check for a stranger or send money via wire transfer
- Asked to deposit a check that overpays for something you’re selling, and then send the difference elsewhere
The best ways to avoid getting scammed
If you provide your information or send money to a scammer, there is often little we can do to help get your money back.