What is CDARS®?
CDARS®, the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service, is the easiest, most convenient way to enjoy access FDIC insurance coverage on large deposits at participating network banks.
CDARS offers multiple benefits to investors who want to combine the security of access to FDIC insurance with the convenience of working directly with just one financial institution.
|One RATE||One RATE||One STATEMENT|
|Everything is handled through our bank. Your large deposit is broken into smaller amounts and placed with other banks that are members of the Intrafi network. Then, those banks issue CDS in amounts under the standard FDIC insurance maximum, so that your entire investment is eligible for FDIC protection. By working with just one bank0our bank-you can receive insurance through many.||You earn one rate on each maturity you select-so you can forget about multiple disbursement checks.||You receive one regular account statement listing all of your CDS, along with their issuing banks, maturity dates, interest earned, and other details. With CDARS, there's no need to manually consolidate statements, track changing collateral values, or use private surety bonds. It's that simple.|
- Peace of Mind. Using the CDARS service, you can access multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance on CD investments.
- One Relationship. You work directly with our financial institution.
- One Rate. You negotiate one interest rate per maturity on CD investments placed through CDARS. With CDARS, there is no need to negotiate multiple rates or tally disbursements for each CD.
- One Statement. You receive one regular statement detailing your CD investments. You no longer need to manually consolidate statements at the end of each month, quarter, or year.
- No Hidden Fees. You will not be charged annual fees, subscription fees, or transaction fees for using CDARS. The rate you see is the rate you get.
- No Ongoing Collateralization. Because CDARS deposits are eligible for FDIC, you can eliminate ongoing collateral tracking.
- A Variety of Maturities. In these maturities choose the terms that best suit your investment needs.—We offer 6-month, 12-month, 2 year and 3 year terms.
- Community Investment. The full amount of your funds can support lending initiatives that strengthen your local community.1
When you’re ready to take advantage of CDARS® here’s what happens:
- You enter into one agreement. You sign one simple Deposit Placement Agreement with us.
- You select an interest rate and a maturity. Based on current CD options, you agree to a rate and a maturity that best matches your investment goals.
- Funds are deposited. Using CDARS®, we submit your funds for placement at network banks.
- CDs are issued. Network banks issue CDs in denominations under the FDIC maximum, so your entire investment is eligible for FDIC coverage.
- Confirmation is received. You receive written confirmation of your deposits and a listing of all of your CDs.
That’s it! Using CDARS® is just that easy. Want to learn more? Click here to visit the CDARS website